MGA is looking for an interior-focused Architectural Designer to join our team in Vancouver to work on both local and international projects, from custom private homes to large cultural and commercial spaces.
Who we are:
MGA is an internationally recognized architecture and design firm creating innovative, sustainable projects that push the boundaries of technology and construction to benefit communities and environments around the world.
Our projects have won over 50 awards for architecture and interior design, including Architizer’s Best in North America in 2021 and 2022, four Governor General’s medals, two RAIC Innovation Awards and the American Insitute of Architects Innovation Award.
Our talented team have completed some of the most significant timber buildings in the world and are working on both small and large – and always interesting – projects here and internationally – from Google’s first mass timber development in Sunnyvale, CA to a new cultural center in Gallivare, Sweden.
As designers, we have an ambitious obligation; it’s our job to reshape the quality and longevity of life on earth through the lens of design. We are committed to creating solutions that push boundaries. Our values are rooted in inclusive collaboration, evolution, community, and most simply – a love for our planet. This is an opportunity to be integrally involved in a team that is creating significant change in our industry.
Skills and experience for this role:
- The desire to push boundaries and propose and support new ways to design interior spaces.
- Strong visual communication skills and the ability to source imagery to support concepts.
- The confidence to evolve schemes, with the ability to specify, document and develop bespoke finishes.
- The ability to resolve plans and develop interior spaces in 3-dimensional form.
- Curiosity about sustainable and innovative manufacturing methods and materials.
- A collaborative spirit and willingness to share ideas and actively participate in group discussions.
- Great interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong initiative as well as responsiveness to direction.
- Eagerness to promote a culture of learning and professional development.
- A high level of organization and attention to detail.
- An undergraduate degree in Interior Architecture, Interior Design, or Architecture.
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Microsoft Suite
- 5+ years of post-graduate experience
- Ability to apply working knowledge of BCBC, Canadian and International Building Codes
- A valid driver’s license.
MGA is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package (including an Adventure Bonus!) and the opportunity to grow with our team in a collaborative and fun environment. We are only accepting applications from candidates who can work with us in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
Please submit a a portfolio (or a link to it online), as well as a CV and any references in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org (please limit your atttachment to 10mb).
1535 West 3rd Avenue, Vancouver BC