T3 Minneapolis (Timber, Transit, Technology) is well on its way to completion with an average of 9 days per floor from January 8th – March 21st. This will be the first modern mass timber building in United States.
Quick facts about the project:
- Six Story Mass Timber on concrete podium
- The majority of NLT uses lumber from trees killed by the mountain pine beetle.
- 1100 NLT panels – the equivalent of more than 9 hockey rinks
- Over 426,000 lineal m of 2x8s (1.4M lineal ft), more than from the Earth to the international space station!
- Over 100 truckloads of sequenced panels and beams/columns delivered to site
- ~3200T of carbon sequestered
- 30% lighter than an equivalent steel building and 60% lighter than an equivalent P/T concrete building.
View the live progress here.