MGA is looking for a high performing, organized, and talented accountant to join our growing finance team based full time on-site in Vancouver, BC. The role is offered as a six-month contract to start with the possibility of extension or turning permanent.
MGA is an internationally recognized, award-winning architecture and design firm creating innovative, sustainable projects that push the boundaries of technology and construction to benefit communities and environments around the world. Our values are rooted in sustainability, innovation, community, and most simply – a love for our planet. This is an opportunity to be integrally involved in a team that is creating significant change in the architecture industry.
About the Role:
This position executes a multitude of varied tasks and requires a self-directed, independent individual with excellent communication, organization, and time management skills who is both personable and professional. The incumbent will require a roll up your sleeves attitude to get into the day-to-day accounting needs yet also a high-level strategic mindset to support the leadership with robust financial analysis and project accounting. The salary range offered for this position is $70,000 – $80,000 per year.
- Prepare monthly financial project reports, including project analysis, invoicing and cost reconciliations
- Support the implementation and ongoing management of QuickBooks Online and
- Analyze financial data within the project management platform
- Backup for other members of the team with
- AP and AR, payroll,
- GST/PST returns,
- bank reconciliations,
- Month end balance sheet reporting including journal entries, GL accounts, prepaid schedules, and identifying and correcting inconsistencies.
- Recommend and implement processes improvements to enhance efficiency and internal controls
- Other ad-hoc accounting related tasks to support the team.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Commerce with a concentration in Finance/Accounting from a recognized university
- CPA designation, or proven progress towards a Canadian CPA
- Minimum 4 years’ of accounting or auditing experience, some of which in an industry environment
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking abilities when tackling complex accounting problems
- You can quickly adapt to changing priorities and develop solutions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proven experience using QuickBooks Online
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel and data analysis skills
- Prior experience in a project-based organization (construction, architecture, engineering)
- Experience with Ceridian payroll (role will serve as payroll backup)
- Experience with project management platforms
MGA is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to grow with our team in a collaborative and fun, open-office environment.
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify job title (Financial Accountant) in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.