MGA is looking for an experienced Intermediate/Senior Interior Designer to work on a range of exciting local and international projects with our team in Vancouver.
Who we are:
MGA is an internationally recognized architecture and design firm creating innovative, sustainable projects that push the boundaries of technology and construction to benefit communities and environments around the world, from cultural installations and private homes to residential developments and university campuses.
Our projects have won over 50 awards for architecture and interior design, including Architizer’s Best in North America in 2021 and 2022, four Governor General’s medals, two RAIC Innovation Awards and the American Insitute of Architects Innovation Award.
Our talented team have completed some of the most significant timber buildings in the world and are working on both small and large – and always interesting – projects here and internationally – from Google’s first mass timber development in Sunnyvale, CA to a new cultural center in Gallivare, Sweden.
As designers, we have an ambitious obligation; it’s our job to reshape the quality and longevity of life on earth through the lens of design. We are committed to creating solutions that push boundaries. Our values are rooted in inclusive collaboration, evolution, community, and most simply – a love for our planet. This is an opportunity to be integrally involved in a team that is creating significant change in our industry.
What you’ll get up to:
- work on a range of large-scale, complex, and high-profile Interior Design projects both locally and internationally
- work closely with the Interior Design team on the conceptualization, design, and coordination of projects from pre-design through construction documents and contract administration phases
- coordinate effectively within the internal MGA team, as well as with clients, consultants, vendors, contractors, and relevant authorities and stakeholders
- develop and coordinate engaging project presentations, interior schedules and lead the selection and specification of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and finishes
- mentor, coach junior team members, and collaborate closely with entire project team
- instill and promote a culture of learning and development within the firm
- share the values and brand of MGA outside the company
Skills we value:
- 5+ years of Interior Designer experience across a range of project types, in particular public, commercial and institutional developments
- Interior Design degree or diploma, preferably from a CIDA accredited program required. NCIDQ certification (completed or in progress) is an asset
- proficiency in Revit, Sketchup, Adobe suite and Microsoft Office suite
- proficiency in producing and coordinating full set(s) of interior design contract drawings, including consultant coordination
- exceptional design and graphic skills
- excellent communication and understanding of project schedule and deliverables
- ability to apply working knowledge of BCBC, Canadian and International Building Codes
- high level of organization and attention to detail
- proficiency specifying interior commercial grade finishes, fixtures, equipment, and lighting
- meticulous quality control for project presentations and documentation
- experience sourcing and specifying commercial and institutional furniture, including creating RFPs
- knowledge of RHAFC is an asset
- valid drivers license
MGA is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package (including an Adventure Bonus!) and the opportunity to grow with our team in a collaborative and fun environment. We are only accepting applications from candidates who can work with us in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
Please submit a a portfolio (or a link to it online), as well as a CV and any references in a single PDF to email@example.com (please limit your atttachment to 10mb).
No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.