MGA | Michael Green Architecture is seeking an Intermediate Architect or Architectural Technologist to join our team in Vancouver, BC. You’ll be an integral part of the design effort on complex and interesting projects, both locally and internationally, that have meaningful impact on our communities and our planet.
MGA is internationally recognized for innovative, sustainable architecture and developing carbon-neutral buildings with advanced wood construction. We have completed some of the most significant timber buildings in the world and are working on both small and large – and always exciting – projects here and internationally – from Google’s first mass timber development in Sunnyvale, CA to a new cultural center in Gallivare, Sweden. This is an opportunity to be integrally involved in leading a team that is creating significant change in our industry.
As architects and designers, we have an ambitious obligation; it’s our job to reshape the quality and longevity of life on earth through the lens of design. We are committed to designing solutions that push boundaries. Our values are rooted in inclusive collaboration, evolution, community, and most simply – a love for our planet.
What you’ll get up to:
- Work closely with our senior design team through all phases of work, including collaboration and coordination with the design team, clients, consultants, and relevant authorities.
- Have excellent experience working in Revit on all project phases (concept design through CA).
- Resolve complex technical issues.
- Be willing to assist and mentor other team members with Revit-related issues.
- Architecture degree or Architectural Technologist diploma from an accredited program.
- Strong working experience with Revit (BIM) is required, including proficiency in Revit modeling and experience setting up and managing complex models for multiple users.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant architectural experience.
- Proficiency in Revit modeling.
- Strong design and graphic skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to manage time well and work efficiently towards deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English.
- Experience working in the context of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Working knowledge and experience with municipal processes, building codes, and bylaws preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Sketchup is preferred.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Valid work status in Canada.
- Must be registered with the AIBC or eligible to register with the AIBC
MGA is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package (including an Adventure Bonus!) and the opportunity to grow with our team in a collaborative and fun environment. We are only accepting applications from candidates who can live and work with us in beautiful Vancouver, BC and are registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.
Please submit a a portfolio (or a link to it online), as well as a CV and any references in a single PDF to email@example.com (please limit your atttachment to 10mb).
No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.