Who we are
MGA | Michael Green Architecture is an architecture and design firm creating innovative, sustainable projects that push the boundaries of technology and construction to benefit communities and environments around the world, from cultural installations and private homes to residential masterplans and university campuses.
Our team is internationally recognized for innovative, sustainable architecture and developing carbon-neutral buildings with advanced wood construction. We have completed some of the most significant timber buildings in the world and are working on both small and large – and always exciting – projects here and internationally – from Google’s first mass timber development in Sunnyvale, CA to a new cultural center in Gallivare, Sweden.
We have been recognized with over forty international awards for design excellence, including the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada Firm of the Year, Architizer’s Best in North America Firm Award in both 2021 and 2022, four Governor General’s Medals, two RAIC Innovation Awards and the American Institute of Architects Innovation Award.
What we’re looking for
As architects and designers, we have an ambitious obligation; it’s our job to reshape the quality and longevity of life on earth through the lens of design. We are committed to designing solutions that push boundaries. Our values are rooted in inclusive collaboration, evolution, community, and most simply – a love for our planet. This is an opportunity to be integrally involved in leading a team that is creating significant change in our industry.
What you’ll get up to
- lead and manage teams in the coordination of large scaled and complex projects
- create and explore high quality design and planning concepts across numerous projects
- work effectively with internal teams, clients, consultants, vendors, and contractors
- work in a team-oriented environment – mentor, advise, and coach a team of talented junior and intermediate designers
- promote and lead office-wide initiatives, and support marketing and business development pursuits
- instill and promote a culture of learning and development in the company with your empathetic leadership style
What we value
- 8+ years of architectural experience across a range of project types
- Experience leading large, complex projects through various project phases
- Exceptional design planning, and ability to communicate design concepts to a range of audiences
- Ability to apply working knowledge of municipal & government processes, as well as building codes & bylaws
- Excitement to uphold and story tell the MGA vision
- Registered architects preferred
- Local Vancouver experience (BCBC, VBBL, Passive House or NetZero are big bonuses!)
- Proficient knowledge of: AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Suite
MGA is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package (including an Adventure Bonus!) and the opportunity to grow with our team in a collaborative and fun environment. We are only accepting applications from candidates who can live and work with us in beautiful Vancouver, BC and are registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.
Please submit a a portfolio (or a link to it online), as well as a CV and any references in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org (please limit your atttachment to 10mb).
No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.